Guest Relations and Event Coordinator
This role will be responsible for the support of operations and execution of events, activities and initiatives at NINJAZ. To be successful in this role, the Guest Relations and Events Coordinator will need to be creative, agile and able to build relationships with customers to increase brand loyalty and company profitability.
- Supervise the set-up, running, and break down of the event, identifying and resolving problems, obtaining feedback from customers, conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and log and submit reports for assessments.
- Create a strong first impression at the on-set of the event, introduce and greet kids and adults, lead them to their next steps, assisting them with set up and through their event, follow up with customers and maintain a good relationship thereafter. (Requesting referrals, review on social media, tagging and sharing event pictures on social media, etc.)
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Carefully observe and evaluate events and propose ideas to improve customer service and event quality experience.
- Work closely with Event Coordinator, Party Host, Manager on Duty and other team members to organize an outstanding event experience for guests.
- 1-3 years of experience in events, PR or sales or marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with ability to be pro-active and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive company and customer information.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work flexible hours during the week and weekends when needed. Do not apply if you are not available to work on the weekends.
Work hours : Friday, Saturday and Sunday – 25 hours a week.
Salary : $15/hour, depending on experience.
NINJAZ is Canada’s first Ninja Warrior training facility for kids and adults. We are located in the heart of Vaughan’s business district right at the intersection of Hwy 7 and Hwy 27. This fantastic, state-of-art, facility offers Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course, Rock Climbing Walls, Soft Play Area, Camps, Birthday parties and Corporate & Team building events. Be a part of our growing team with opportunities of growth, yearly performance based bonus, access to gym for personal use, family passes and more.
Rock Climbing and Ninja Course Monitors
NINJAZ Canada Inc. is seeking new Rock Climbing Instructors. We are looking for individuals with energy, enthusiasm & creativity who are interested in working with children and adults in a gym setting. Instructors are responsible for the supervision of kids and adults while they are actively using the gym attractions - rock climbing, obstacle courses, soft play area.
- Greet customers and lead them through different activities during events and walk-in hours.
- Monitor and supervise participants on the Rock Climbing walls.
- Explain all safety rules to participants and parents, assist participants with their climbing harness, guide them with proper climbing techniques, encourage and motivate them when needed.
- Pay complete attention to the Climbing section at all times and be interactive with the participats.
- May be required to monitor and supervise participants in the Kids Ninja Course area.
- Clean and sanitize soft play area and other equipment when required and keep the area free from objects that can cause harm to kids inside the facility.
- Communicate with guests using clear, enthusiastic words, tone and body language. Handle customer concerns, questions and inquiries when needed.
- Other duties as assigned and/or directed by Company management.
- Confident working with kids of all ages.
- Background in fitness industry is preferred but not required. (athletics, sports, dance, cheer, gymnastics, martial arts, or related field)
- Experience working with children an asset. (sports coach, camp counselor, preschool teacher, daycare, or similar experience)
- High energy, friendly and a positive attitude. Able to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Must be available to work during weekends.
- Clean Police check is required.
- CPR and First aid is preferred.
Work Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 5 to 15 hour shift.
Salary: $13/hour, depending on experience and personality.
Party / Event Host
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- The Birthday Party Host is primarily responsible for leading birthday parties for children and assisting the other Party Host in setting up.
- Managing party set-up, room decoration, tableware set up, serving guests mostly kids, cleaning party rooms and other prep work.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, demonstrate creativity, problem solving skills, and time-management skills.
- Must be able to work in a fun and fast paced environment and have an outgoing personality.
- Retail Industry experience / Customer Service experience is an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-Level C certification preferred. (may be obtained once hired).
- Clean background check is a MUST. Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance (may be obtained once hired).
Work Hours : Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Must be able to work on call when required. 5 to 15 hours of shift work per week.
Salary: $12/hour, depending on experience.